Self Tan Extra Dark Bronzing Mousse 200ml
Description & How To Apply
Experience our deepest, darkest tan yet. This lightweight and hydrating bronzing mousse allows you to choose your depth of dark; simply apply with an Applicator Mitt and rinse off after 4 hours for our iconic dark tan or after 8 hours for an intense but natural-looking, extra dark tan that’s lasts for days. Ideal for a special occasion, pre-holiday or as part of your weekly beauty regime.
* Tested on 50 women, over a 14 day user trial.
How to apply
Step 2: For best results, apply using our Tan Applicator Mitt in long sweeping motions, starting at the ankles and working your way up. Then for your back, turn the mitt back to front and start applying in the same way.
Step 3: Wait until touch dry before getting dressed.
Step 4: Rinse off after 4 hours for our iconic dark tan or after 8 hours for an intense but natural-looking, extra dark tan.
Step 5: To prolong and maintain your tan, moisturise daily, exfoliate regularly and reapply as desired.
Write A Review
- I recently got the new Extra Dark fake tan! I am in love!!! It’s natural looking, it comes out as brown not orange. You only need a little bit as it blends so far aswell. It looks so natural! It smells amazing! I have had so many compliments and people asking how it looks so natural yet tanned! When it goes on it looks very dark but when it rinses off it is amazing!! Would definitely recommend!
- by Annie Davies-Graves | 28/02/2018
- Another amazing product from St Tropez
- I was a bit nervous using this extra dark tan, as my skin is so fair, but I really shouldn't have been it gives a lovely natural deep tan like you just had a good holiday, it applies really easily and left a lovely deep and natural tan on my fair skin. No matter what the occasion or whether you just want to get a golden glow, definitely one to reach for - loved this product!
- by Sarah | 21/02/2018
- Well I’ve been using St Tropez tanning products for years, and wouldn’t use anything else. I have used the majority of the gradual tans and my favourite WAS Dark Bronzing Mousse, however ST have most definitely moved up a level with the new Extra Dark, OMG it’s amazing, goes on smoothly (best using a Mitt), smells divine and the result is amazing/second to none, this is now my favourite product and would highly recommend.
- by Lisa | 18/02/2018
- Dark and never orange!
- Applying it is SCARY! Like it says - its DARK ! I was actually really nervous about this one! However when I washed it off I was pleased, no orange tint, looked as though I had tanned really well on holiday. I looked healthy and my friend commented about my tan asking if I had been on sunbeds! I never use sunbeds due to the risk they bring and damage to skin so this is an excellent alternative! You don't need to use alot as it spreads really well so I can see the bottle lasting for over 10+ full body uses! It fades really well and doesnt go patchy too which is great! Highly recommend - don't be scared! :)
- by Emily | 13/02/2018
- New fave product
- Really happy with colour and texture of this product! It lasted long, was easy to apply and provided great coverage.
It does exactly what it says it is extra dark and provides even coverage!
- by Lynsey | 10/02/2018
- BEST SELF TANNER EVER
- This product just goes to show why I've always said St Tropez is unbeatable! I've always used the Dark Mousse from the range as I'm a regular tanner and love that deep gorgeous glow. When I saw the release of this product for an EXTRA dark mousse I couldn't wait to try it out and I can confidently say it did not disappoint!! I absolutely love it and look like I've been on holiday for 2 weeks!
- by Faye | 03/02/2018
- superior product
- Normally i use the dark tan for those big weekend nights, this extra dark tan is a winner!
Easy to apply (i use the mitt) good coverage, smell does have a little tan smell however application is good.
Normal length of time for development but the depth of the tan is great! Stays for a while too - worth a buy!
- by Lucy | 31/01/2018
- Love it
- Just tried the extra dark love how u can see where u have applied it as mousse goes on dark,
Best tan colour I’ve had yet - I love it!
Have already recommended to my friends and they can’t wait to try it!
- by Amanda | 30/01/2018
- Wow! My new go to tan
- I'm absolutely in love with the colour that this product gives. It's so lovely and dark and easy to apply too
- by Marie yexley | 29/01/2018
- WOW WOW WOW
- I have fallen in love with this product! The first Extra Dark self tan that I have tried and I will never look back.... It really does do what it says on the bottle.
We all need this in our life!
- by Layan | 29/01/2018
- New favourite
- I love this new shade! I’ve always had to apply a few layers to get the dark shade I like, I’m naturally light blonde and pale skinned but this still looks like a natural colour on me, like I’ve been on a lovely long beach holiday! It applies much better then the classic mousse, I find I don’t need as much product to cover my whole body so a little goes a long way. I’d recommend to everyone.
- by Adele | 28/01/2018
- Just Wow
- This is THE best and darkest tan ever. So easy to apply and smells nice too. Dont be alarmed when it is developing as it does look so so dark and a bit alarming. Once rinsed off it leaves a stunning colour. Highly recomended.
- by Lorraine williams | 27/01/2018
- Apprehensive, but...!
- Okay, so I apprehensively gave this a go. I did NOT want to look orange or have an unnatural tan, but this was really, really good! I was really sparing in applying as I was scared it would look naff and fake, but I’ve been proved wrong and it really does look natural! If you aren’t someone who has the time to build a gradual tan over several days, this is for you!
- by Laura | 27/01/2018
- The packaging OMG
- I've always loved using St.Tropez fake tan so to see them come out with a darker tan is very exciting. I was nervous how dark it was going to come out and the colour is very dark but still natural. Also the packing is amazing i feel like if i was packaging i would be that bottle!!!!
- by Phoebe | 27/01/2018
- Lovely colour!
- The product applies really evenly, has a lovely smell and the end colour is a lovely dark tan! This is my new favourite!
- by Vianne | 25/01/2018
- Great product
- I regularly use the St Tropez bronzing mousse but being fair skinned I often find that I needed to apply then reapply the next day to get the level of colour I wanted. This Extra Dark Bronzing Mousse solves this problem and one application gives me a lovely colour! The product is easy to apply with the tanning mitt.
- by Susan Robertson | 25/01/2018
- Best Dark Tan!
- I was a little scared to try this tan! I do like a dark tan, but thought this might be too dark... however ... fear not!! This tan is amazing!! Such a beautiful colour! A deep natural tan! People said I looked glowing! Also you hardly need to use any at all, as a little goes a long way!! Xx
- by Megan Smith | 25/01/2018
- If you haven't already.... Then you must!!
- Well well well, St tropez, once again you tick all the boxes! This stuff smells amazing and goes on smooth as silk. Don't be alarmed by how dark it is when it comes out, you won't look like that afterwards.
So, after prepping, exfoliating and moisturising I decided to use this extra dark tan, it went on really easily using a mitt, it smells lovely and I could clearly see everywhere I had applied the tan. As always, very easy to use. I left the colour on over night and washed it off the next morning. I am really impressed with it! I am blonde and fair and although it's January, I don't feel like I've fake tanned at all. It appears very natural. I have found my new colour!!
- by Nikkita Bastable | 25/01/2018
- THE BEST SELF TAN EVER!
- Im not normally a self tan person, but I do use the gradual in the shower and gradual tan. I applied the self tan, and it gave the best coverage, everyone asked if I had been away or what make of self tan I was wearing. And it doesn't even leave a smell! Definitely in my weekend away bag for my trips!
- by Anna Thompson | 25/01/2018
- Natural tan that lasts
- I love a dark tan and am naturally very fair skinned, so extra dark yet natural tans can be difficult enough to find - this washes off to leave a really natural tan (although being a tan addict I'd still prefer a little darker!) It appears to be wearing really well, and applied without streaks, although it did cling to slightly drier patches. Very easy to use and get a great result though, without the need to build it up over days.
- by Rachel | 25/01/2018
- The Most Natural Darkest Tan Yet
- As the title suggests, this is the most natural darkest tan yet! When applying the mousse it easy very easy to see where you have applied due to the deeply pigmented dark guide colour. You must apply plenty of moisturiser to your hands, elbows, knees and feet and only use the residue on your mitt to go over these areas! You can leave this on for 4 hours for the Classic Dark tan or leave on for 8 hours to produce the darkest tan yet! It dries quickly but allows you to work in the Mousse to perfect your application. The tan lasts for 7 days on me which is great! It fades naturally (I moisturise daily) with the st.tropez tan enhancing moisturiser. All in all an amazing product which I will keep using and will purchase when I run out!
- by Daniel | 25/01/2018
- I’m a super pale girl!! Like super pale so regular tans just make me sun kissed even if I leave it on for 8 hours! But this turned me into a bronzed goddess and I love it!! I looked like I’d been to the Bahamas!! Love love love
- by Katie | 25/01/2018
- St Tropez has been my favourite for many years now. This product don’t disappoint! The darkest & best yet, giving me a tan I would expect from 2 weeks in the sun. Love it!
- by Emma | 25/01/2018
- Best tan yet..
- Wow. I wish you could submit photos. Because I am porcelain white and after putting this on. Not a streak in sight! Flawless, easy to use. And you can see if you've missed any! The best tan I've tried yet. Even the palest skin like mine, and it works. Love.love.love.
- by Wendy | 25/01/2018
- The Perfect Deep Tan
- Wow!! I have tried a lot of self tanning products and definitely have favourites which I go back to and repurchase. St Tropez Classic Bronzing Lotion has been a definite favourite for over a decade for an everyday tan, but if I am going out or have a special occasion I like it best after a couple of applications to give a richer and deeper colour.
This week I tried Extra Dark Bronzing Mousse for the first time and I already know it will be being repurchased! It applied very easily with a mitt and dried quickly, then after 8 hours I showered off the guide colour. The colour remaining is perfect, I don't need a second coat!! Even my legs which are very difficult to tan have gone a gorgeous bronze colour... I am SO impressed!!
Girls who like a deep tan I can not recommend this new product enough - it really does go dark but in a very natural way! No orange, no streaks and the guide colour makes the application impossible to do wrong!
- by Jill | 24/01/2018
- Game changer!
- My favourite product yet, so silky and such an amazing colour, looks so natural and feels amazing, didn’t feel sticky after application like most. Girls, you need this in your life! X
- by Catherine Lauris | 22/01/2018
- The Most Natural Looking DARKEST Tan!
- When I first heard about this product I got very excited! I already use the Dark range but sometimes find I need an extra boost in colour so will double dip (two applications). However with the new Extra Dark Bronzing Mousse there is no need as this Mousse produces the darkest tan out of the whole St.Tropez range. You must prepare your skin for this product, moisturise dry areas thoroughly and go easy on the usual places like hands and feet (the skin on these areas are prone to going darkest) I would also recommend you apply this in the evening as the guide colour is highly pigmented. You can leave it on for four hours to achieve the Classic Dark shade or eight to achieve the Extra Dark result! I left it on overnight and after showering I’m left with the darkest most natural looking tan I’ve ever achieved from a bottle! This product is the best most darkest natural looking self tan and I would recommend this to anyone wanting to achieve their darkest look!
- by Daniel | 19/01/2018
- New favourite!
- This definitely gave me my deepest darkest tan yet! In LOVE with this product.
- by Emily | 11/01/2018
- Looks like I have been away for ages in the sun!! I wore it to my uni cheerleading practice last week and now the whole team bought it!!! New team tan fave x
- by Suzanne | 11/01/2018
- Darkest tan I've tried
- Amazing colour, can't believe how dark it was yet still looked natural! (and didn't get all over the bedding!)
- by Ellie | 11/01/2018
- Such a natural colour!
- I've always loved using St.Tropez fake tan so I was very excited to see this come out as I love deep, dark tans! It did not disappoint - the colour is so dark but so natural! People keep asking me where I've been on holiday - will definitely be buying this again!
- by Holly | 11/01/2018
- I'm obsessed!
- Extra Dark sounded scary to me at first, but do not be fooled! It is the nicest, deepest bronze ever! I feel like I've been on holiday for 2 weeks, the colour looks so natural, I'd definitely recommend to everyone, or may be I should keep this as my little beauty secret!
- by Lisa | 08/01/2018